Sunday, June 29, 2008

Module 2 Reflection

This module was about blogs, authentic assessment, and the differences among measurement, assessment, and evaluation. I've attempted to use blogs for staff development workshops before, so that wasn't a new concept. Keeping up with them is the issue for me. I would think a classroom blog that's maintained by students would be a great idea for most classrooms. I wonder what my new school district's opinion is about student blogs as a classroom assignment?

However, I really grabbed hold of the authentic assessment idea--I'm a big believer in project-based learning, which to me is the epitome of authentic assessment. I also see authentic assessment as being extremely student-centered, which should be the goal of every classroom, shouldn't it?

The readings for this class and the other one I'm taking are starting to merge together in my mind. Actually, though--that's probably a good thing. Constructivist learning at it's best!

1 comment:

Datta Kaur said...

Kathy,

Checking and posting to blogs a 'new habit' that needs to be created. Just like any new one, at first it can seem clumsy and time consuming, but then...(after 40 days yogic philosophy says:)...a new habit is established.

Ah, yes...constructivism...you are in the middle of it. I am in the middle of it continually.

Datta Kaur

Team Assessment Project