Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bloom's Taxonomy


After reading up/reviewing Bloom's Taxonomy, I found this circle that really makes it understandable and usable. It is from Clark, B. (2002). Growing up gifted:Developing the potential of children at home and at school.Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall and was found at http://www.apa.org/ed/new_blooms.html. My first favorite part about the circle was the active verbs that match up with the various levels of thinking. However, when I came back to it I realized that the learning coach in me liked the outer circle the best. It's concrete, hands-on examples of how to use the various levels of thinking in the classroom.

Can you tell we've been talking about Bloom's in class this week? :) It's just as necessary in online classes as in F2F to move towards higher-level thinking. However, this circle has made me think of it more as a continuum than a timeline. Perhaps it's the master teacher who has developed the ability to move back and forth between the sections of the circle in order to teach and then re-teach a concept.


No comments:

Team Assessment Project