Friday, July 25, 2008

Cybercoaching--the Way We Should All Teach

This week we've been reading about cybercoaching, which I've really been looking forward to. My new job will entail a lot of coaching--F2F and cyber, so I enjoyed hearing what the experts had to say. I'm particularly taken with the idea of the regular checkins--that's an idea I plan to take with me for sure! Getting those regular checkins from your students allows you to make subtle adjustments along the way. I once attended a workshop from a teacher who had designed her biology class so that students could meet all curricular requirements, but could use different learning styles to do so. She had daily checkins with her students to see if they needed to move to a different "track." We should all strive to do that.

1 comment:

Datta Kaur said...

Kathy,

Your enthusiasm for a 'new' approach shines through in your words. Seems like you have a perfect design model that can help your students tremendously. At first the 'time' factor could be overwhelming, but as the 'system' gets tweaked all should get easier. Thanks for sharing this reflection. ~ Datta Kaur

Team Assessment Project